SYNOD 10-2: QUESTIONS FROM COMMUNION, PARTICIPATION AND MISSION
Questions from Communion
- What are the ways our parish most successfully brings people together?
- Which areas of parish life (liturgical, charitable, social) does our parish feel and act as one?
- In which areas of parish life (liturgical, charitable, social) are you able to discern the presence and movement of the Holy Spirit?
- How is the Holy Eucharist the main focal point for our parish?
- Is the parish the sole focus for Communion in our area?
- Christ is present as the head united to his body (Ephesians 1:22-23) in our parishes and communities. How is this reflected in our parish/community life? Are there other reasons that you gather together?
- In what ways can you help to build up communion effectively and authentically in the coming months and years?
- How do you relate to members of the Church who have drifted away from practice?
- How does our parish relate to other parishes nearby and the diocese as a whole?
Questions from Participation
- Reflecting on 18+ months of the pandemic, how has participation in our parish been affected? Were these issues there before?
- How can participation be strengthened moving forward into the future?
- What are the means by which different voices can be heard in our parish (particularly those on the periphery of parish life)?
- Which groups and individuals are least included in our parish?
- How can we broaden the way we include people whilst keeping always true to the Gospel and our core Christian identity?
- How do you currently participate, personally, in the life of the Church? How much responsibility do you have as an individual?
- How can we better enable full participation and co-responsibility the life of the Church at the parish and diocesan levels?
- How does our parish effectively identify and use the gifts of its people?
- How do families and young people effectively participate in the life of our parish? What do you do to support them?
Questions from Mission
- Given what you see of the Church (words and actions), in the parish and beyond, what would you say is the Church’s mission?
- How might we find a shared understanding of mission in the different parishes and Catholic institutions in the Archdiocese
- Are we looking in or are we looking out, as a parish community? Can we do both effectively?
- From a missionary perspective, how would you characterise both the local situation and local needs in our parish and community?
- How is our parish set up for evangelisation? How does our parish reach out to the broader community with the Good News?
- Where is the Holy Spirit calling you to mission and service today?
- In what ways do you already intentionally and actively seek to share the Good News of Jesus Christ?
- What is your experience of the Church?
- How has it blessed you? How could it have been better?
- How can the Church respond better to the needs of the people?
- What might the Holy Spirit be asking of us, our parish and the Church?